Friday, February 3, 2012

The Great Compromise


When my husband Dennis and I remodeled our bathroom I wanted to put in a nice mirror over the sink, I also wanted to put in a vessel sink but that didn't happen. Anyway, Dennis wanted a medicine cabinet which was practical but to me a medicine cabinet falls into the same category as a big, overstuffed, Lazyboy recliner. Yuck! We had a design dilemma. I eventually gave into my husband and bought a tri-mirrored medicine cabinet and I had our carpenters, yes we actually had someone do the bathroom this time, install the cabinet inside the wall so the mirrors were somewhat flush. I then purchased some of that cheap plastic molding and had them build a frame on the wall around the cabinet mirrors. I measured out about 1-1/2 inches from the frame and taped it off and using a sponge type stencil tool sponge painted black and copper paint on the frame and out to the tape. When I removed the tape from the wall VOILA!!  Dennis had his medicine cabinet and I had a fairly nice looking framed mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment