Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dressers, tables and many more

My brother in law built this solid oak dresser and we were lucky enough not inheret it.  So I sanded it, put primer on it and then used a quart of Behr for the white, or "Pot of Cream" was the technical name, and purchased the 8oz Behr paints, green, brown, light and dark pink.  I then purchased wood handles and used the green paint.  I found some flowers stensils and created some of my own.  I used spray polyurathane but it turned the white paint yellow so it is just flat paint with no protection.  I recommend getting Behr Ultra where you can get primer,paint and polyurathane in one.

This is a solid Pine dresser, which I had growing up.  I sanded it, painted it green and antiqued it.  The paint was Ultra Behr so paint, primer and polyurathane was all included.  I let it dry for 24 hours then antiqued it by using a stain on the edges and then wiped it with a rag.  The handles are also wood and were painted black years ago...they are still good:)



This is the only before picture I could find of this table so ignore the legos.  This table took me 2 days to sand because of all the coats of paint.  Finally, when I was able to get most of the paint off, paint it tourquise and antique it throughout the whole piece.


This is an old window I received from my brother in law and had him put mirror in.  I painted this the same as the table above.


I found this coffee table at a local thrift store for $20, sanded it and stained it.  I love the look of this table and thought it was a great find.

This desk was give to us by my sister in law.  I left the top brown, as you can see in the bottom picture, but the rest of it I painted cream and antiqued it with stain.  These are the original gold handles but I thought they gave the desk a lot of character.


This is one of my favorite pieces.  I went behind a local grocery store, ususally where they get the produce, and asked if they had any left over wood pallets.  They had some they could not use anymore so I grabbed this one.  We took off as many extra boards in the back that we could so it wasn't so heavy, then painted it, and stenciled "Wall o' Art".  I then staped twine on it and used clothes pins to hang my children's art.  I didn't want to put huge wholes in the wall, so I bought two 5lb hooks that don't make any marks on the wall.  I use them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment